What is Rehabilitation Therapy?
Similar to physical therapy in humans, rehabilitation therapy improves a pet’s strength, balance, and ability to bear weight on weak or injured limbs, and of course aids in pain management.
- an excellent tool for dogs with orthopedic injuries, neurological disease, and geriatric ailments such as arthritis.
- ideal for pre and post-surgery as this type of therapy helps to strengthen their core, build endurance and stamina, and decrease their chance of re-injury.
Our consultation includes:
- a full examination of your pet’s range of motion, muscle strength, flexibility & gait, and pain assessment by our certified rehabilitation therapist
- pain control treatments (which may include laser therapy, +/- pulse electromagetic bed treatment)
- rehabilitation exercises and a take-home exercise plan
- comprehensive treatment plan that could include modalities such as Hydrotherapy, cold laser therapy, acupuncture, electrical stimulation, pulse electromagnetic bed therapy, and electroacupuncture